This blog is dedicated to documenting my journey, as I relentlessly chase Jesus to better see who He is and how He's moving around me. I want everything to be about Him, not about me, kind of acting as the paper lantern to His glorious light. Such a challenge to me. But now that I've proclaimed it to the world of bloggers, I must follow through!

Come along and we can walk together!

This will also feature a spread of other topics, like books, music, movies, social justice issues, current events, etc. Interesting? Hope so.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Rave About Vermont



I love being in Vermont.

This weekend, I went to Chapin Farms with these lovely ladies. We picked apples, chose a pumpkin and bought cider. The next day, we went to the farmer's market downtown and bought vegetables, which we ate on pasta that night. I absolutely love the idea of eating local and supporting the farming community here in the Burlington area. Go, localvores!

One of my professors was telling my class this week that the tomatoes you buy in the grocery store are generically modified so that they can be dropped from up to six feet and not splatter; that way they will travel well (which they have to do, since most of our produce comes from California). Eh. That's a scary thought, but it's the price paid for having pineapple and mangoes and peaches and pears on the shelves in the middle of January; very unseasonable.

Anyway, the long and short of it is that Vermont is great and that everyone should live here, especially during the plentiful harvest and brilliant days of autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment